Manor Junior School believes that the overall well-being of children is paramount if all our children are to achieve in an inclusive learning environment. During their time at school, many children go through periods when they need a little extra support to feel completely happy, safe and secure.
The School offers a wide variety of pastoral support for pupils who are encountering social and/or emotional difficulties.
- Some children may be invited to attend a group to develop social skills and friendship skills.
- Pupils who find lunchtimes a struggle are able to join the Lunchtime Club run by experienced Teaching Assistants. Fun games and activities are made available to help provide the pupils with social skills to enable them to form friendships.
- Two Learning Mentors to provide targeted support for Pupils' learning behaviours
- Self-esteem interventions run by Learning Mentors.
- A play leader supports children during lunchtime.
- A varied playground with a quiet area.