The school's system for regularly observing, assessing and recording the progress of all children is used to identify children who are not progressing satisfactorily and who may have additional needs.
The school's system includes reference to information provided by:
- Pupil progress meetings held termly (with class teacher,SENCo and a member of the senior leadership team
- Standardised screening and assessment tools
- Baseline and outcome assessment results
- Teacher assessment
- School Data Information
- Any existing statements of SEN and/or EHCP
- Assessments by a specialist service, such as Educational Psychology, Speech and Language Service, identifying additional needs
- Discussions with relevant professionals and organisations
- When concerns are raised by parents/carers, teachers, any previous schools or by the child themselves and/or
- changes in attitude or behaviour
- Progress is continually monitored and evaluated by PIVATs and Target Tracker. Parents are kept informed by meetings with Teachers, SENCo and written reports as appropriate.